Located to the east site of Huaraz, is perfect place to take pictures about beautiful azure glacier lake, as well as is special view point to see Huaraz and cordillera Negra.
DAY 1: Huaraz at (3100m) – Wilcahuain Archaeological site (3400m) – Lake Ahuac (4580m) – Huaraz. (Trek time: 6 hours (ascend & descend) / driving time: 1 hours (go & back)
- Maximum altitude: 4580 m (Lake Ahuac).
- Difficulty: Hard.
- Duration: Full day.
- Preferred time: April – October.
- Location: Huascaran National Park - Cordillera Blanca.
- Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C.
Departure from Huaraz at 7.00 am to the north - east of Huaraz until Wilcahuain village, on the way we will pass by Paria village. From Wilcahuain we will start walking up toward lake Ahuac, through dense forest of pain tree and quenual tree, which are typical highland plants when we reach higher the view is better, for taking pictures about huge peaks as: mount Huamashraju at 5450m, mount Cashan at 5686m, Cordillera Negra at 5186m, and impressive mount Churup, on the path to lake we will see clearly melting glacier, that activity is rising stunning cascades, rivers that ran deep valleys. We will spend 3 hours to walk up until reach lake Ahuac at 4580m, where we will spend one hour to have lunch, enjoying the view, and focusing scenic pictures, after that we will came back walking down until parking site about 3 hours, finally we will take our transport to come back Huaraz.
Our trip price include:
The price not include:
- Qualified trekking guide.
- Snack .
- Full first aid kid.
- Personalized service of K2 Peru Adventures.
- Private transport from Huaraz – Wilcahuain/ Wilcahuain – Huaraz.
Personal hiking gear:
- Entrance ticket fee to Huascaran national park 10.00 soles.
- Alimentation in Huaraz city.
- Our tour rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
- Hiking boots.
- Sun hat.
- Sun glasses UV protection.
- A day pack about 40 l.
- Water bottle.
- Sun scream.
- Personal first aid kid.
- Hiking poles.
- Overcoat clothes.
- Rain clothes.